Ok, so I made these in the morning and left in the fridge to enjoy it later. HOWEVER, when I got home they were gone! Vanished! I looked at James which immediately pointed at the cat and said “Jolie ate it!”. Yeaaah, ok! The cat ate it! Let’s leave at that, shall we? So I chose to take it as a compliment. James is quite fussy when it comes to protein treats and if he couldn’t resist it, then it MUST have been good!
This recipe was inspired by Fresh Fitness Food. If you follow me on facebook/Instagram/Twitter, you probably know I am very fortunate to have my food delivered by them. Whenever I post a picture of their protein balls, I always get lots of requests for the recipe! So I decided to come up with my own recipe... This was the second attempt and I thought it was delicious... Even if I say so myself ;)
They are perfect for a little pick me up snack or for when you need a little something sweet!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 20g Kinetica Thermo Whey Smooth Chocolate
- 20g crunchy peanut butter
- 10g Coconut Flour
- 5g Honey
- 3g Chia Seeds
- 20g unsweetened Almond Milk (or any other milk)
- Desiccated Coconut (finishing touch)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the honey and the peanut butter and mix.
- Finally add the almond milk. I'd suggest you add little by little until you get the right consistency. Too little and it becomes too dry. Too much and it turns into a gooey mess. For me it took 3 1/2 TBS of almond milk.
- Roll it into 6 little (or 3 large) balls and roll it in the dissociated coconut.
You can enjoy it straight away, but I find that the consistency and taste improves when chilled.
Macros (per each of 6 balls):