There is nothing better to boost your immune system than a good hearty homemade bone both soup packed with lots and lots of nutritious vegetable and off course protein!
It was a staple in my house whenever anyone was feeling ill. It’s true comfort food! Tasty easy to eat and so very nutritious.
The broth itself is done by simmering animal bones and bone marrow, tendons, laments, cartridges, anything that you wouldn’t necessarily eat directly but that still offers nutritional components. By simmering bones and other tissues, you will be releasing compounds such as collagen, glutamine, calcium, magnesium, glucosamine and other nutrients beneficial to health.
My favorite has always been Chicken bone broth. Once the broth is done you can add in anything you want really… its hard to go wrong!
Chicken Bone Broth:
- 1 whole chicken (skin taken off)
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 2 rosemary brunches
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, halved
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Salt to taste
1. Place all ingredients in to a pan and add enough water to cover the whole chicken.
2. Simmer for about 1.5-2hrs (the longer the better).
3. Take the chicken out of the pan (ready to be de-boned and used to make soup or any other dish)
4. Sieve the liquid to separate the stock to the rest and there you have it! Homemade Chicken Bone Broth! :)
To make a healthy soup just add veg and the chicken meat to the broth! Yum!