This recipe was inspired by a visit to Pearson's Room in Canary Warf. My friend ordered the ricotta and spinach stuffed Romero peppers and it looked amazing, but I looove my protein so to me it was missing something.
The very next day I went to the supermarket to get the ingredients to try a high protein version of that! I went to look for Ricotta Cheese and came across this Feta and Greek Yogurt spread and being me, I couldn't resist but compare macros. The Feta spread was a little higher in protein (and fat) than ricotta and since I love Feta, that was the perfect excuse to try it out! And I can safely say it was a wise choice! It tastes soooo good!
If you can't find it in your supermarket, you can have a go at making your on by blending feta cheese and a little Greek yogurt together... Trust me, it's worth it 👌🏻
Ingredients (makes 4):
- 200g cooked chicken breast (diced)
- 150g Shiitake Mushrooms (diced)
- 180g of Feta & Greek yogurt spread (I used Odyssey)
- 100g Spinach
- 4 large Romero Peppers
- Dry-Fry the mushrooms until tender,
- Add the chicken and spinach and stir until the spinach reduces;
- Add the Feta and Greek Yogurt spread and stir until all ingredients are mixed evenly;
- Cut the top of the Romero Peppers and clear out any seeds left in the pepper;
- Stuff the peppers with the warm mix and place them in a baking tray on a slight angle so the stuffing inside doesn't come out while cooking.
- Put it in a pre-heated oven for about 30 min at 190°
- If like me, you like the edges of the peppers to be slightly burnt, grill or griddle the peppers for a further 5min
Macros per Portion: