I came up with this recipe when I was trying to find an easy to make, easy to carry high protein/ low carb snack. I always loved Scotch Eggs, but the bread crumbs and the fact that they are deep fried make it a little hard to fit it in my diet.
So I thought that I could just skip the fattening coat and leave my Scotch eggs naked and place it in the oven instead of deep frying them! And now they are one of mine and hubby favorite snacks (or breakfast, or lunch, or dinner, lol)
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- seasoning to taste (scroll down for suggestions)
- Pre heat the oven to 200 Cº
- Place the mince and seasoning in a bowl and mix. Its easier to use your hands here.
- Divide the mince into 5 equal portions.
- Flat out each portion of mince until its a thin flat patty
- Place an egg in the middle of the patty and gently close the patty around the egg.
- Place them in a baking tray (preferably on a raised baking tray so the fat can drip down) and bake for 30 minutes
- Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!