A lot of people that are on a diet feel that they need to eat separately from the rest of their family. But it doesn't need to be like that. There are plenty of healthy and tasty dishes that the whole family can enjoy. Just like the Chilli Con Carne Recipe, I am still to find someone that does not like Hunters Chicken!
This recipe is made with chicken thighs which are juicier than chicken breasts, but if you want to reduce calories/fats a little further, just do straight swap. I warn you though, it's no were near as tasty ;)
- 1Kg Skinless and boneless Chicken Thighs (roughly chopped)
- 100g Pancetta
- 4 Spring Onions (chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 4 Fresh Rosemary Springs (finely chopped)
- 1 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tin Butter Beans
- 125ml of Dry White Wine
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 salt to taste
- drizzle a little olive oil in a pan, once its hot add pancetta and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and spring onions and stir until the meat turns white
- Add the white wine and let it simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add rosemary, garlic, chopped tomatoes, sugar, salt and butter beans and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
For those members of the family not watching what they eat, this dish goes very well with a slice or two of rustic bread or focaccia!
Makes 6 portions. Each contains about: